Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Relief, Volubilis, Alfred Boucher


Same sculptor, same girl, same title but diferent work;

I have never been a great fan of relief but there are exceptions and here is one. Volubilis (a flower petals gradually unfurling ) by Alfred Boucher (1850-1934), he made a few variations of this study and here are two. I recommend a visit to Wikipedia on this it illustrates the development of an idea rather well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volubilis_(sculptures)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Banba said...

I love your waif's. I could see you doing some sprites.

3:18 pm  
Blogger Banba said...

By the way I put a link to your site on my site because I think my site's readers will love your waifs!

3:23 pm  
Blogger Robert said...

I once had an Austin Healey-Ashley Sprite when I was very young. It was a sports car of little pretention but was quite quick round corners and had very wide tyres. Needless to say I out lived it eventually!

Welcome and thankyou Minimalist. I will have to investigate Sprites, I am however not too keen on wings, they would get in the way of all sorts of things and difficult to sculpt! Could I have a Sprite without wings? I will be back to your blog soon if I may.

7:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home