Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Camellias































Camellia Sunday, here are the first 8 of the 16 or so I photographed at the annual sale. You may love or hate looking at plants, on the whole I get bored quickly except for Azaleas and Camellias when in abundance.
I recommend Exbury Gardens for Azaleas.
If it is Camellias you like then you will find Trehane nursery a paradise. There are 30,000 named varieties of Camellias, 132 are in their catalogue with origins around the world from the USA, New Zealand, Japan, England to name just a few.
I will save my favourite for another time, they are called Jury's lemon and Midnight.


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Susanna said...

great shots. I like

I was particularly caught 3 and 6

1:09 am  
Blogger Blue Genes said...

Greetings, Robert. Sorry for the neglect, I've just been doing work-related traveling and been super busy. Clues as to what I may have been doing and where I was doing it are on my blog to which I have finally added a post. They do remain vague, however, so no worries that you could no longer indulge in conjecture. I might still be a ghost.

8:53 am  
Blogger Marly Youmans said...

Camellias and sasanquas I love and miss. For us, they are Southern flowers--home, for me.

3:53 pm  
Blogger Amanda J. Sisk said...

Looking at flowers does not bore me - I am starved for a garden - do post them! I'll keep an eye out for the poppies here and send you an electronic sampling.

9:09 am  
Blogger chris miller said...

I don't think I'd travel to see a flower show -- but I sure enjoy having them delivered !

You said over at Conrad's that these were expensive.

Not to be crass or anything -- but -- well-- how much do they cost ?

1:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home