Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Wellington College


My Brother writes books, here is his latest; though mainly Military History he has been known to deviate! A fascinating account into the first 150 years of an English Public School this book is interesting to Old Wellintonians as it will be to many others. It has some great stories and is written with pristine clarity. You will learn what a "toe pan" was and who the "Jallies" were too.

I remember a business man being captured by a certain third world country and kept in far from cushy conditions. On being released after several years he remarked cheerfully, "Oh, I was fine, I survived an English Public School Education, so this was no problem."

I am most impressed too with the ribbon marker which helps keep my place, don't find them in books that often these days! Well published therefore by Third Millennium Publishing www.tmiltd.com

I recommend this work, but not for the faint hearted.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Susanna said...

wow! that is cool!!!

1:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home