Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Country house birthday party



I think I must be very lucky to be invited to amazing parties occasionally. House parties still happen as I was to experience recently. Held in one of England’s most beautiful country houses my host, the birthday boy had three things in common with Mr Toad, a generous spirit, a kind heart and a want to sing at his birthday party!

We played tennis, we played croquet, and there were quizzes, dancing, a long walk along the hills by the sea and of course an abundance of food and wine. But of singing we let rip, raised the roof and wow what fun. Thank you David and family; Happy 60th.

PS I sailed there, and got storm bound again.


Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Marly Youmans said...

Robert,

I enjoyed the picture of Juno you sent--I hope being storm-bound in a country house was grand fun.

We haven't had such good weather ourselves, between Irene and Lee. Irene sent a 70-80 foot Kentucky Coffee Tree onto the neighbor's smokehouse on our line, which broke the fall onto our garage and cars. They survived but are quite ugly now!

I am glad you have such outings on Juno and hope that you are adjusting to a quieter life and getting a lot of your own work done.

Hugs!

4:11 pm  
Blogger Robert said...

Hi Marley, how awful, you all have "weather" too, just don't mention it much!

5:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home