Sunday, October 26, 2008

Raphael, Madonna


Thanks Ian Cox (26th October 2008) and Mail on line for this story. Sometimes restoration is for the better.


PS I found a poem by Big Kenny


While walking in the park one day,
I saw a sculpture in my way.
It stood alone, so tall and proud,
The top of the statue next to a cloud.
I sat on a bench and stared a while.
The outdoor sculpture made me smile.
The weather tried to make it old.
But it was just too strong and bold.
As I walked away from the 3-D art,
Sculpture had a special place in my heart.

!!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fine restoration. Is this from the National Gallery?

Thanks you for dropping by my Blog and leaving your constructive comments, always good to hear feedback as an artist.

I've had a good look round your blog and your website, some very impressive sculptures technically. I like...very talented.

BobbyM
http://bobbywashere.wordpress.com

5:39 pm  
Blogger Marly Youmans said...

Who is Big Kenny?

1:56 pm  
Blogger chris miller said...

If the European artworld ever became rational -- a skilled copyist would be hired to make a fine reproduction - and the original panel would be stored in a vault somewhere for future reference.

8:06 pm  
Blogger Robert said...

That is a very valid idea.

9:18 pm  
Blogger Robert said...

Marley, I am not too sure.

9:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home