Monday, October 01, 2007

Hands again












I am working on those hands again and found some examples in the Louvre. I am grateful to Paulo for the pictures he has taken as they remind me just how important it is to get them right.
I leave you, dear reader, to decide whether they are good examples.

If you were to follow the advice of anonymous John over on Baroque Art you would be restricted to study only one work on each visit to the Museum.
For me at the moment I must concentrate on the subject “Hands”.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulogyensfan/



Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Marly Youmans said...

I would like to have a museum good enough to satisfy me with one work per visit. But that's pretty rare and usually for the spoilt city person.

You should do a "hands through the ages" post. The pinkie and ring finger on the third have a hyper-limber Fragonard look about them... It is enjoyable to see these isolated: the pleasure of synecdoche.

I'm having a rhetorical figures morning. Just wrote something about antimetabole!

4:55 pm  
Blogger Susanna said...

wow, these are amazing. They are so beautiful.

I just froze my hands in mid typing pause and they looked so weird in that frozen typing pose.

4:43 am  
Blogger chris miller said...

These would make a nice comparison with the ones I collected here

What words do you think would describe the quality that specific to the hands you're showing (I assume they're 19th and 18th C. ?)

4:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home